Matching SB-3 and reciever

Habla

Hello, I'm looking into the SB-3 pair, but I don't know what reciever to get. For now, this will be a stereo setup, but I wish to expand into 5.1 at a later date (when I get a job :P). So I was kinda leaning towards getting a surround reciever, and then I could turn off the center, sub, and rear ports until I can fill them up with speakers. Is this a viable solution, or should I just get a stereo reciever for now, and then upgrade later?

Thanks

Habla,

Go first to a Klipsch dealer, and listen to the reference series...i.e. RB 35's. B/B charges full retail, and for the same money or just a little more you can get Reference!

As for your Receiver, look and listen to different brands in your area- ones that suit your budget, and style- easy to use! Go ahead and get the Surround Sound receiver.....won't matter if you don't have those extra parts hooked up or not..........good luck!

What Klipsch dealers are there in Seattle? Magnolia Audio-Video? I know Best Buy has them, and I have a $250 gift certificate there, but they only have the brand new Synergy line. I would have to special order the SB-3.

Also, can you reccommend any surround recievers for someone with a high school budget?

Habla,

go up to search, and type in EITHER HK 430, or Harmon Kardon 430.....a very nice,inexpensive receiver for less than 60.00..........

On this form - upper left side- click on the Klipsch logo- click on dealers and type in your zip code. It will show you dealers in your area.......(hopefully). good Luck.

Another idea for speakers are the Heresys. can be had for 350.00 thru ebay!

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=50265&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={02B1960B-11A3-41DE-BAFF-D00A72E44EF8}

Habla,

I agree with Bill H. Try to check out the reference series. I started my a/v journey checking out the Synergy series. Once I heard the Reference series there was no turning back. I got my system about three years ago (RB5IIs-mains, RC3II-center, RS3IIs-surrounds & KSW12-sub). I have the system hooked up to a Denon 3802 receiver. I love this set up. You can always spend the $250 on cables, speaker wire and and all those CDs you will be dying to try out on your new system.9.gif

Habla,

I was guiding you towards the Reference series, because I too started out with the SB-3's.........and one trade after another to get that fuller, bigger sound.....

I loved the RF 3's I had, but moved sideways to Fortes..........that for me give me the sound I love, and the looks that match my funiture.......

Reference dealers are able to discount more than B/B can. Use your Gift Certificate for a good CD/or DVD player,wire,or funiture..........just my two cents! Good Luck.

Habla,

As you stated in your first post, "For now, this will be a stereo setup" Start off small - get the RF 35's and piece your system together as you get the funds. While Synergy is good- Reference is better! You just have to take it slow.........Regards.

Habla,

My mistake.........

RB 35 link:

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=659§ion=specs

The RB 35 retail for approximately 600.00

The RF 35 retail for approximately 800.00.

That is Retail pricing, and most Reference dealers will work with you-if you let them know you will be back to purchase more stuff later on!.........hope this helps you!

EDIT: Seems you already have a good price on the RF 35's........you can't go wrong!