LCD question?

Born2RockU

With a budget of $3500-$5500...what "non-projection" LCD

in a 40"-50" (aren't they finally up to 50" ?)

with replaceable "backlight" , should I consider...and also STAY AWAY from ?

(Also,.. wholesalers that I should buy from ....and STAY AWAY from ?)

~ I want to move up to HDTV and make that big investment before X-Mas.

Those larger LCD panels (that's how those "non-projection" LCDs are called) are still pretty expensive, especially those that are 45" and more. Some 40" panels sell for around $5000. Despite huge popularity, I would probably not rush to buying a Samsung LCD TV since they have subpar contrast/black levels, even for LCD panels. Besides, most of the current large size LCD panels around 40" still have 1280 x 768 WXGA resolution, which is HD, but does not give you native 1080p still.

One of the second tier LCD brands, Syntax, is prepping a 37" LCD TV with a 1920x1080 resolution at below $3000 MSRP for a release later this year. At this point it is not known what PQ this display will provide. Hopefully it will be comparable to the first tier LCD products. Here's the link:

http://www.syntaxgroups.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=122&osCsid=fa8e7bd283e9d068d9430b327d8fa21a

darn taurus, your smart, keep it coming. this is an area i am just starting to research because this is not a weak point in my system but i will be looking to get a larger display soon, and need to start finding resourses to research, anyone else with any knowlege of good display?