Music-making Software

Indyboy

I'm looking for a program to make music with. I would like to be able to add various fills,rhythms, beats, etc. I found a program for Macs called Garageband that looks perfect for what i want to do, but i dont have a mac. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations - anything is appreciated. thanks in advance.

I use Logic Audio Pro which is what Garageband is based on. Logic used to be cross-platform but it's now exclusively Mac. If you want to use a bunch of loops and don't have much outboard midi gear(synths, drum machines, etc.) you should maybe look at Reason, Acid, Fruity Loops or Ableton Live. You are able to use "plug-ins" and "soft-synths" with these programs instead of having to fork out big bucks for hardware. These are emulations of synths and beat makers. I would make sure that whatever program you get that you can load VST plug-ins as there are literally TONS of free things on the net. If you wanna get REALLY specific about your needs or type of music you wanna make please keep posting. Maybe someone else will learn something. I am VERY knowledgeable about most things involving producing music on the computer. I'm biased toward Mac though.