Can I get away with RS-3's for my RF-7's??

I remember reading in a previous thread that this is ok. The Klipsch tech said that since the drivers were all in the same "family" that it would not be an issue.

------------------

HT -

RF-3's

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

Advent Powered Sub

Harman Kardon AVR 510

PC -

ProMedia 4.1

Bedroom -

KG4's

Harman Kardon AVR 20 MKII

Yes, you can use the RS-3's with RF-7's. The RS-7's use the same tweeters with bigger horns and bigger woofers and they are ported. The RS-7's play louder, lower and with wider dynamic swings, but the tonality is similar to the RS-3.

Interesting listening experience. Using RF-5's with RC-7 and RS-7's in a BIG room (no sub) the system combination can deliver lots of bass impact. Much of this is from the RF-5's but the center and rears also offer lots of LF output. This is why we suggest, when using the 7 Series center and rears, that you set them to Large.

With the RS-3's you set the rears to Small. The bass in the rear signal is then sent to your main speakers or your sub, depending on the bass management settings. Only problem with that is it may not provide all the dynamic impact the signal offers. Your mains and your sub may not have the dynamic headroom to spare. No harm will be done, just a loss of slam.

Hmm. Several people with a complete 7 series

have told me to set them all to small no matter what. Including the RF-7 mains. Set every speaker to small and let the subs do what they are supposed to. How do you feel about this???

I have not tried it yet. But I will. You said that the RS-7's can go lower but the Freq. range on both is the same so how can they go lower??

Thanks for the reply.

Paul

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Hell, I'm running synergy SC-1 and SS-1s with my reference RF-3s, and even that's ok....Ok, true Home Theater guys whos main interest is HT would probably have a problem, but for me, whos interests run mainly 80% to 20% Music to HT ( and most of that HT even is broadcast television yet! )...I think that only if you spend alot of time with DVD movies do you need to worry about a perfect match...Even for my casual DVD movie viewing, I think my mixed system still sounds awesome... Of course for music, its tops..