2 Pairs Of RS-7's

JBRichter

OK, we all know about rear firing main speakers as in the Definitive Technology bi-polar speakers and the electrostatic Martin Logans. I was wondering about setting up 2 RS-7's sort of back to back, In my case, my RS-7's are in corners on top of cabinets, what if I were to set up the left and right channels with the following confiuration: one speaker firing straight down the side wall toward the front and the other straight down the back wall. Do you think this would fill the room better? Or am I just a crazy guy and this would be overkill.

Any thoughts?

actually, your post brings to mind another older post about using 2 centers, the poster claimed that it acted to cancel some of the signal due to the added resistance when placing the speakers in parallel, i cant remember the post exactly, but i do remember that he got negative results

I beleive I found that post about the 2 center channels. He has to face them the same way at the listener because they are center channels. I would be facing them in different directions from each other. Not in a stacked configuration like his. I was hoping with the sound waves pointing away from each other that there would be no cancellation.