Bose alternative

scotbuck

Greetings,

Recently I found an alternative to the somewhat expensive Bose "Wave System" radio. It's the "Model One" radio from Tivoli Audio.

Tivoli is, I believe, the last work of the late Henry Kloss (Acoustic Research, KLF, Advent, Cambridge). The line of radios are quite small, have lovely real walnut cases, appear to be build like a tank, and sound surprisingly good. (I've got mine at the office.)

Granted, it can't compare with my vintage Grundig 2260 "toob" radio (didn't cost as much either), but I think that for $99.99 plus shipping ... it ain't half bad!

If you're thinking about getting a little radio for home or office, you can check 'em out at:

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/home.php

Hope this is helpful...

Take care,

Scott

----------------

On 10/23/2004 10:30:05 AM scotbuck wrote:

Tivoli is, I believe, the last work of the late Henry Kloss (Acoustic Research, KLF, Advent, Cambridge).

Take care,

Scott

----------------

Scott, thanks for the post. I was actually looking for a table top radio for my office (snow season is coming). This looks like a nice option at a decent price point (for office grade).

I actually spoke with Henry Kloss in the 1999 (I believe) when he called me about building a remote control for the Cambridge (Wave Radio-killer) table top radio that he was designing. He joked that his wife was pressuring him to retire and enjoy life, but working was what he really enjoyed doing. He had a prolific career, and he was a really nice guy to boot. Not full of himself at all.

OTOH, I called on Bose for years and never had the chance to meet Dr. Bose. He was either teaching or at his home in HI.