What is this black box doing??

TKA

I realize that a subwoofer takes the lowest signals and tries to reproduce them properly,but I am not sure how to set it up in regard to the KG2s that are the main speakers (should all the signal go to the sub or to both the sub and the mains?).

In direct mode on my Denon 3300 and the subwoofer(Klipsch 12") set on standby (on when it gets a signal or off if there is not a signal for a given amount of time) I noticed that the red light didn't change to green while play Bob Dylan's greatest hits on a CD, when I changed to a newer CD the Sub started to make some sound. Is there a point at which some recordings do not use the sub depending on how it is produced?

Thanks

TKA

That being said I look at the sub as I played Vivaldi and the sub did not kick in until there was substancial base signal. So it looks like the sub is working.However I have to set the level knob to the highest setting to get much response from the sub.

I have been reading the manual and am still confused how to setup this sub with the KG2s (send a signal thru the the KG2s or only to the sub and at what low pass does the sub match up with the Main speakers in either situation?

Thanks

TKA