Chorus I & II ?

Craig6519

For all you Chorus owners, have any of you compared the bas response of these speaks to say the cornwalls or La Scalas? from the looks of them haveing that rear passive radiator I thought the bass response might be stronger. Anybody ever compare these? Also were these originally from the Heritage line or not?

Craig

Craig,

It is easy to tell why the bass response is not up to your expectations. Borrow a good 200 watt separate amplifier for your mains. Use the H/K as a pre-amp. You will be amazed at the increased quantity and quality of your bass.

Receiver amps are not up to the load, high sensitivity of Klipsch speakers not withstanding. The impedance dips in the bass frequencies are beyond the capability of a receiver's amps to drive them well.

I have used a flagship receiver on my mains and a separate B&K 140 watt amp, but my Sunfire gave me "new" speakers in the bass frequncies. Many other folks on this board have reported the same experience.

I was asking if the chorus had more bass than the cornwalls, I had a Acurus 200x3 running my cornwalls in the past and thought that the bass was kinda weak, had that same amp hook up to my old KLF-30's that was awesome. So again has anybody compared these side by side? Do the chorus 1 and or 2 have better bass response than the chorus's?

Craig

I have never A-B'd the chorus 1 or 2 to the cornwall, but before I purchased my first set of chorus2s in early 90 something, I compared them in the showroom to the Klf 30s,and chorus1. I had a set of K-horns at the time, I purchased the chorus2s over the chorus1s, because they had a tighter sounding bass. the Klf 30s were not even considered.2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/31/2004 6:09:09 PM Craig6519 wrote:

For all you Chorus owners, have any of you compared the bas response of these speaks to say the cornwalls or La Scalas? from the looks of them haveing that rear passive radiator I thought the bass response might be stronger. Anybody ever compare these? Also were these originally from the Heritage line or not?

Craig

----------------

I just boought a pair of each, and I already own 3 pair of cornwall, so, in about a week or so I can tell you MO2.gif

have never A-B'd the chorus 1 or 2 to the cornwall, but before I purchased my first set of chorus2s in early 90 something, I compared them in the showroom to the Klf 30s,and chorus1. I had a set of K-horns at the time, I purchased the chorus2s over the chorus1s, because they had a tighter sounding bass. the Klf 30s were not even considered.

I'm a little confuse how you compared the chorus I and II in the early 90's to the KLF-30's

Chorus I 87-90

Chorus II 90-96

KLF-30 96-2001

So you must have been in the store in 96 and they may of had chorus II but they had 6 year old chorus I. Maybe this was the case but when you say not even considered what do you mean I know the bass output of the 30's is more than the chorus, so was it muddy to you?

Craig

have never A-B'd the chorus 1 or 2 to the cornwall, but before I purchased my first set of chorus2s in early 90 something, I compared them in the showroom to the Klf 30s,and chorus1. I had a set of K-horns at the time, I purchased the chorus2s over the chorus1s, because they had a tighter sounding bass. the Klf 30s were not even considered.

I'm a little confuse how you compared the chorus I and II in the early 90's to the KLF-30's

Chorus I 87-90

Chorus II 90-96

KLF-30 96-2001

So you must have been in the store in 96 and they may of had chorus II but they had 6 year old chorus I. Maybe this was the case but when you say not even considered what do you mean I know the bass output of the 30's is more than the chorus, so was it muddy to you?

Craig

Guest Anonymous

nah, just 5.1, but I am NUTZ11.gif I guess I have some extras for changing the mood. Klipsch is a place to park a little cash, and if bought RIGHT ya don't loose10.gif $$$, and can enjoy the sound16.gif

I have both Chorus Is and Cornwalls. I have driven both pairs of speakers with SET amps (7.5 watts). Both have plenty of bass with even flea powered amps like mine. I'd have to say the Chorus go lower, but the Cornwalls are smoother. I had a subwoofer in my system prior to the Chorus when I was driving Hereseys. Took the subwoofer out, once I got the Chorus's

I will be setting another room up with the Cornwalls, and I will put the subwoofer in that system.

As usual, YMMV.

Regards,

Mike