Beware Khorns/Heresy speakers on ebay

brian berube

There is a pair of Khorns and Heresy speakers that are now being offered on ebay. This past weekend I learned about these speakers through this forum. I contacted the person who was "selling" them. I indicated that I wanted to buy the Heresy speakers and that I had someone coming to Chicago this weekend who would pick them up. He promised to get back with me, made some comments about where the speakers were located, etc. I didn't hear back from him. Today, he sent me an ebay telling me they were now up for sale on ebay. Thought I was dealing with an honest individual. I think this guy is a frontrunner and not very honest. Makes me appreciate Audiogon even more. Maybe I am out of line, but seems to me we had a dialogue going that, from my vantage point, suggested that he would make those speakers available for me to purchase. There has been some chatter on this website about these speakers. Wonder if anyone else got the same treatment I did. Maybe no one cares, but it doesn't seem right to me.

Brian,

What is a frontrunner?

If I'm understanding what you are saying... you inquired about a pair of Heresy's for sale and the seller then decided to list the speakers on Ebay. Right? Perhaps the seller had second thoughts about his asking price and has listed on Ebay in hopes of a better selling price.

What you are describing sounds like the seller said he'd get back with you instead of coming to terms on a firm contract.

If that is so, IMO that is frustrating indeed, and discourteous, but not a broken contract. If the seller had changed his mind on the price he could have just said so.

Hope you can find what you are looking for.

edit: went out and looked at these on Ebay. The seller obviously has NO audio savvy about him.Seems to be common with consignment sellers. He's got a $999 BIN price on the Heresy's. On the Khorns, lists a pair and shows only pics of one, which is either dirty or scuffed on the front... $3999 BIN. They may be nice, but.

If you really want these Heresy's, and could get around the sellers behavior, buying them in a straight out auction would be o.k. The convenience of picking them up in Chicago would save you $60 or so in shipping. Best wishes.