DDTS + 4.1 + 2.1

Ricey

Hi Everyone

I'm pretty new to speaker systems and all. I bought a Creative DDTS hoping to use my old 4.1 and 2.1 system as a 6.2 for my tv. I hooked the 4.1 to front and rear and the 2.1 to center. One of the 2.1 speakers acts as the center but nothing comes out of the 2nd 2.1 speaker (Dolby Digital EX). Is there something I must do to have it work or will this hookup only work as a 5.1 system? Thanks

what is the DDTS you speak about?

may be the output the 2.1 is plug to carries the center and the LFE channel:that s why one speaker works and the other not and why the 2.1 provide better bass than the 4.1

try to invert the 4.1 and the 2.1, i bet the 4.1 willget more bass with one speaker not working and the 2.1 will work fine with less bass.

Any luck getting this to work?

I want to get a similar set going, although at this point I only have promedia 4.1s and from what I can see the DDTS might be my cheapest alternative seeing as the promedia DD-5.1s are so expensive now that they aren't made.

I'm pretty sure the main base comes from the center/lfe channel, and that the front and rear channels don't include much in the way of base. I'm thinking that as a result the DDTS probably won't work that well for me unless I get a 2.1 system and then do the invert - plug one of the 4.1 lines into the centre/lf channel to get the base, and use the 2.1s as either front or rear speakers.

Just curious has to whether anyone has gotten this to work out okay. I think otherwise I'm either gonna have to shell out for the DD 5.1 off ebay or some such, or get a cheap av receiver or some such and plug the satalites directly into the speaker outputs on the reciever (and hope I don't blow the speakers :( ).