Closest ones yet

swells

<------------ looking for Klipschorns too 4.gif

----------------

On 11/8/2004 7:27:38 PM swells wrote:

Im curious, I wonder how many people here live in Eastern Canada. I felt kind of alone until PSG popped up. Im sure there must be a few.

----------------

Yes we are quite a few... I'm in Montreal as well as "theEAR" and "Kudret", while "fire pinch" in is Quebec city. Another member, "efzauner" was also in Montreal region but i haven't heard from him in awhile.

Rob

Hi rob, I know that you are more on the lookout for k-horns, but NOZ has his lascala's up for sale (5). 3 of them have alk's crossovers, with the center one split into two cabinets. The other 2 are industrial 'scala'a with k-43 woofers.

They are currently listed on e-bay, and he does not want to ship, pickup in Toronto, Ontario.

----------------

On 11/9/2004 1:59:33 AM formica wrote:

----------------

On 11/9/2004 1:51:45 AM formica wrote:

I just sent you some info on a pair of black Klipsch KG4 not far from me... I know they aren't exactly what you are looking for, but they are inexpensive and worth the effort in my opinion.

----------------

hmmm... just looked at eBay, and the KG4 are quite a bit cheaper than heritage... price turns out to be more average than i thought.

I'll keep my eyes open for another pair of Heresys...

----------------

Thanks Rob! Even if I do get thoese KG4's, I'd still be interesting in a pair of Heresy's or (the holy grail) a single vertical cornwall.

I'll call the seller and ask about the condition. The KG4 are not ideal (see my post in the HT forum), but they are inexpensive. They are in-line with ebay prices, but I'd save on shipping. If I buy them, I might just offer to pay for them now and pick them up around Christmas time when I'll be in Quebec City (making it a shorter trip; I'm in Rimouski, 300 km down the St. Lawrence from Quebec City). If I get them, would you like to use them until I get around to driving up?

----------------

On 11/9/2004 3:30:25 AM michael hurd wrote:

Hi rob, I know that you are more on the lookout for k-horns, but NOZ has his lascala's up for sale (5).

----------------

I saw NOZ's thread, and that is quite a setup!! LaScala, SVS, Bryston. Didn't realise he was in Toronto. I've really set my heart on the Khorns though... as the LaScalas I've auditioned are kinda bass shy for my taste.

----------------

On 11/9/2004 12:23:28 PM psg wrote:

Thanks Rob! Even if I do get thoese KG4's, I'd still be interesting in a pair of Heresy's or (the holy grail) a single vertical cornwall.

... If I buy them, I might just offer to pay for them now and pick them up around Christmas time ... If I get them, would you like to use them until I get around to driving up?

----------------

Thanks for the offer, but right now, I've got more than my room will fit. OTOH, if you need to store them for a couple of months, I'll be willing to help you out. Let me know how it turns out...

I'll also keep looking all the same.

BTW, even though I'm whining about khorns, I just settled a deal for a pair "D" versions in Winnipeg. Not the prettiest model, but in line with eBay prices (yes, they were less $ than the "C" models) and shippable as long as the company follows through with the quote I got. Should have them within the month.

The way I see it, I'll enjoy these until (if ever) I'm able to find "B" style pair relatively close... and probably sell them. Converting "D" to "B" is another possibility...

Later...

Rob