Klipsch RP-5 Questions... Bi-Wire? Dedicated LFE input?

Tim_in_NC

Hi all,

I've got a set of RP-5's that I've had for a couple years now and love them... These are the floor towers that have the built in sub and 150w amp.

Just recently I've been wondering if I should Bi-wire them... I never have... and I've read that it can improve the sound...(if this is possible...they already sound great) ... Should I? or NOT? I have a Yamaha 110 x 6 amp powering them currently...

I've also noticed that on the back of the speaker I have two sets or rca phono jacks... for dedicate LFE inputs, etc... What are these for??? What would I ever plug into these and why?

Thanks,

TIM

There is a lot of debate on whether bi wiring helps or not. I have had my RF3's biwired since I got them so I don't know if it helps or not. Personally I think its not that expensive, so why not.

DVD's are encoded for 5.1 speakers, the .1 being a sub. The LFE inputs on your speakers are probably so that the receiver can directly send the .1 signal to the sub of that speaker. So you should use them.

Thanks Amonteiro....

After I posted last night, I finally realized why I wasn't using the "dedicated LFE inputs" on the RP-5s... I also have a seperate JBL Sub that my receiver is connected to...which pulls all of the LFE signals...

Do you think I should connect all 3 subs... I'm not sure... Because I've noticed that with the LFE turned down on my reciever, I still have plenty of BASS during DVD material...

I'll give the bi-wiring a try and see if I notice any differences...

Thanks,

TIM

----------------

On 11/16/2004 8:01:36 AM Tim_in_NC wrote:

I'll give the bi-wiring a try and see if I notice any differences...

Thanks,

TIM

----------------

IMO don't waist your time. You cannot actually isolate the separate input on your speaker. You will still be electrically connected to the same point for each input on your source. That is basically the same as the jumper that is in place now. This will have no truly discernable affect on your sound. Anything you hear that is different is more a factor of your brain telling you it is different better or worse and is likely due to an anticipated result. While it does not cost much, it delivers nothing in return for your effort and money spent.