Cornwall's In need of repair

Seeker

Help

I have a two part question!

1st: I have 2 pair of cornwalls, both 1980's vintage. One pair is fine, the other needs both the subwoofers and grills replaced. Anybody know wher I can find a pair of replacement woofer, some Klipsch style grill cloth (Teh others are fine, I would like them to match) and maybe acouple "Klipsch" grill logos????

2nd: I would like to use these in a 6.1 home theater, meaning I need to find a compatable center channel and sub. Any suggestion please.

Seeker

First, they are NOT subwoofers they are woofers, K-33E's to be exact and they are available new from Klipsch parts for ~$129.00 each. If the voice coils aren't welded to the internal magnet structure you can get them reconed for around $65 apiece. Simply Speakers in FL or Orange County in CA can do it, Bob Crites here on the forum may be able to do it as well I don't know if he is set up yet though. Ask him. Bob can also get you tweeter and midrange diaphrams if needed, if you don't feel you can replace the diaphrams yourself send them to him and he can do it for a nominal fee.

Klipsch parts has the copper name plates for about $2.50 apiece, call them at 1-800-KLIPSCH.

The black grill cloth can be had from Wendell Fabrics, I don't have the precise part number handy but a search on Grill Fabric may yield a forum thread where it is provided. The company I got it from called it #17 black if I am not mistaken but Wendell uses a different part number.

4 Corns would be stellar for HT, I would get a 5th one for the center. If you cannot shoe horn one in there I would suggest a Heresy of the same vintage or close to the Cornwalls. Good luck in your refurbs and welcome to the forum.