When Were My Heresys Made?

Mr. Blorry

I'm confused (which is often). When I bought my "previously enjoyed" Heresys from my friendly K-Store, the sales fossil said they were 1980 vintage. I never disputed his claim until I decided to dig through the posts on this message board, and found a code scheme that doesn't agree with what the old man said. The serial numbers are thus:

37R473 37R479

From what I found on the boards, it looks like these speakers were built in 1977. Which is correct?

Also, does anyone know what other information the serial number provides other than the date?

Thanks. You guys are the best.

Thanks DD!

You the man. It's a shame when the "authorized" K dealer makes a claim that is apparently incorrect! Unless BobG has some different input. Bob?? Perhaps you (or someone else) can fill us in on the serial number coding scheme? Or is it classified, in which case you could tell us, but then you'd have to shoot us. cwm32.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Blorry:

We are just not sure of the significance of the other numbers in that type of serial number. Trey tells me if you e-mail him the serial numbers (trey.cannon@klipsch.com) he might be able to find the production date for you another way. We decided you were anal enough to know! (haha)

PhilH

Whoops!

Sorry, I completely forgot to follow up on this thread. Thanks for all the effort; I don't need for Trey to waste valuable company time poking around through filing cabinets trying to find out exactly when my speakers were made! I will say it is such a joy to have this message board where us audio-geeks can meet and share information! Thanks Klipsch for GREAT speakers and GREAT service!Hat.gif