How do i place my klipsch stereo?

Erukian

A while ago I purchased a pair of RB-25's. I haven't been _really_ serious about placement until now.

A couple days ago I moved my Hsu STF-2 sub out of the corner and put it right behind my seating position, so the top of the cabinet is literally just 3 feet away from my head now. I get awesome bass response in my usual sitting position and by that i mean FLAT. While the sub is right in the middle of the room in the middle of my bass void, just for that one spot it's just awesosme. And i'm really the only one who uses this system so it makes sense to place stuff so it's only enjoyable to one sweet spot.

What I did recently was buy a 7ft long board. My desk has two levels, one is glass the upper one is oak that's used as a platform for the monitor. What I did was place this 7ft polished board over it and put the monitor in the middle, and now the speakers are exactly 6ft apart sitting near the edges.

I have this good triangle setup, my head is 5-6 ft away from the speakers depending on how reclined the chair is. What I was wondering is if you guys feel it sounds better to have the bookshelves toe in and aim right at your noggin', or face straight out from the wall.

The only difference i noticed is when toe'd in, even 6 ft apart they lose "some" stereo sep -- but not a lot and it's much more "in my face". Just wondering how you guys setup your system's when you sit normally 5-6 ft away.

Hello,

Tow in will definitely narrow your soundstage, but at the same time give you more focus. Only you can decide what you like best. It sounds as if you are not shy to experiment, that is the best way to find the sound YOU like in YOUR room. There are generally accepted guidelines, but every room is different. There is no "one size fits all" especially in small or less than perfect spaces. Also, in general, the closer you place your speakers to the wall or corner the more low end response you will perceive. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Analogman