Reference RVX-54 dual set of speakers connections, which one is it?

yoha

Hi folks,

I just purchased Reference RVX-54 floorstand speakers. There are 2 set of speaker connections at the lower back with a label "HF" on the top and "LF" due south. I am sure they mean High and Low Frequency respectively. My question is which one should i use to connect it to my receiver. Thank you for your assistance

Regards,

Yohannes

doudou, i agree with your first post.

just have to add that those are VERY VERY nice speakers. OMG i heard them today and was blown away. HUGE sound for being so small. congrats on the purchase and enjoy. just have to ask, what kind of deal did you get on them. i know there a little pricey, at least imo.

scp53

just bought them from goodguys, I spent 3 whole day researching for my first homme theater system. At first, it was very daunting with all the different brands of speakers which i have never heard before. I started reading different home theater magazines, online audio sites, forums, etc to get the "feeling" of what i am looking for. I originally purchased bose acoustimass 15 cos that's what all my friends are raving about. judging from it minute size with big sound, i agree. Alas, I read a pretty well-wrritten article on how bad bose speakers are and it sounds scary. Hence, i went to goodguys and try to prove whether Bose is that bad, well it was for its price. So i returned them. At the end, after exhaustive movies and audios reviews on different speakers systems for several days (Maybe the saleman was so fed up of seeing me everyday for 2 days testing all the different speakers, but he was so helpful nevertheless); Monitor Audio, Mirage Omnisat, Defnitive Technology, etc, i originally settled for Klipsch Reference Cinema 10 series which include 4 RSX-5 satellite speakers, 1 RW-10 sub, and 1 RCX-4 center channel which blew other speakers away when i tested my behind enemy lines and black hawk down movies . I almost bought it when the another senion saleman asked me what kind of receiver do i have. I said Denon AVR-3805. He suggested me to try the new top of the line REference series speakers which is the RVX-54 which just came in that day. So in the testing room, i tested those 2 movies with 2 RVX-54 speakers, 2 RSX-4 surrounds, RVX-42 center, and RW-12 sub. I was stunned and got each and every one of them. I pretty much got a great deal. It was $3k initially from the ad but They upgarded both my surrounds to RSX-5 for free as well as a free sanus stands for those 2 and the saleman personally delivers them to my house which was a nice touch. What hurt me the most is the investment on cables.

I spent close to $600 just on them, the most i ever spent in my entire life. Well, i hope it is a good wire investment. There are pictures i took on the system. The TV when you look @ it is a little small and not "thin" at all, although it is at least flat. I was actually tempted to get the plasma tv by pioneer 43" for 3499(originially $6999) at good guys. They were having promotion until sunday i think, but i might have to postpone that thought for the future. I spent so much already. Now i need to "run away" from my neighbors and landlord.

http://memebers.cox.net/zer0sn0nes/system1.jpg

http://memebers.cox.net/zer0sn0nes/system1.jpg

Best Regards, Yoha

doudou & scp35,

Regarding your responses to my questions. Actually there are 2 set of inputs(+ & -) for the speaker cables instead of the normal 1 set. High Freq and Low Freq. Both worked fine whether i use the high freq(top) or low freq(bottom), but i just dont know why each speaker has 2 set of those. Why they just cant make one set. There must be a reason but the manual i got did not explain anything on that

Best Regards,

Yoha

Hey, we can buy($)wire to bi(2)-wire and send the signals by(via)wire.

Isn't english fun? 11.gif9.gif

Yoha, the two sets of binding posts are for bi-wiring or bi-amping. You must remove the jumpers to make use of this feature. Either way you'll have 2 pairs of +&- running to each speaker, naturally there are 2 amplifiers involved in bi-amping. Bi-wiring just uses 2 pairs of speaker wires run from each of your amplifier's posts, to the HF and LF on the speakers. Usually 2 different wire guages are used. Some report sonic benefits to this.

There are plenty of threads in the archives(search; "bi-wire") to get an idea of the theories involved.

Yahoo Yohanne! Congratulations on a very formidable and cool looking system. I posted the pix here for an easier look. Hamish

Hi folks,

I just purchased Reference RVX-54 floorstand speakers. There are 2 set of speaker connections at the lower back with a label "HF" on the top and "LF" due south. I am sure they mean High and Low Frequency respectively. My question is which one should i use to connect it to my receiver. Thank you for your assistance

Regards,

Yohannes

system13.JPG

post-12323-13819259540622_thumb.jpg