New System

loco7

Hi i'm in the process of setting up a decent 2.1 speaker system for my cousin.

Got a deal on some Klipsch SB 1 speakers and a JVC 5.1 receiver.I'm wondering whether the SB-1 and a yamaha 150 watt powered subwoofer also with the JVC receiver would be a good setup. My cousin wants alot of bass and good clarity but for under $500 U.S and we have a duty here of 48.5% so i'm basically trying to setup a system for him for about $380 U.S. Do you guys thinks this set up would be good with adequate bass and clarity,i was thinking of getting the Infinity Entra 125 watt pair.What do you guys think? or what other setup maybe a good one,i'm all hears guys...really need your help with this.

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums, CEBully.

I think your initial setup with the SB-1, the JVC, and the Yamaha sub would be a very decent first audio system for your cousin. Of course, listening to this setup in your cousin's room will be the determining factor...your ears will have to be the judge. If it doesn't work out soundwise, you definately have many other options to choose from (this is a never-ending hobby).

Good luck with whatever setup you choose.