Electonics card burned out! I need help please!

Woofy

Hello all!

First, I want to excuse me of my poor english, but I'm a french student, and unfortunately not very good in english.

Here the matter : a long time ago, in a country far far away.... erm... not exactly 9.gif , one year ago, while I was playing video games on my klipsch PM 4.1, an electric overload blow up the fuse.

But, the interest thing is after : I have unpluged the subwoofer, and removed the 6 screw. A look into show me that 2 whire between the wide electonic card where all the I/o plugs are and the amplification car was unpluged. I replug it, replace the fuse by an inapropriate fuse (yeah I know I'm a stupid idiot!) and a part of electrical components blowed up. I've got the reference of most of them, but one as totally disappeared! It seems to be a triac. But ever if i know what component it is, I haven't got enought experience in electronic, and I haven't found anybody who can help me.

So what can I do? is it possible to buy theses electronics cards? Or the complete subwoofer (but it's not cheap! 15.gif )

a french here?!so, we are two9.gif

it seems that your link doensn work.

use the "attach file button" when you post a reply.

(en haut a gauche de la fenetre, une fois que tu as clické sur reply, c est le bouton avec le petit plus vert, c est juste au dessous de "fill in the form below")

i hope it s clear.

very interesting....those pics look nothing like my 4.1 ... but i am not surprised that the power supply is what failed. your amplifier board looks like mine , but the heat sink is different. my power supply is completely different than yours , when was your unit built? indigo must have made a drastic engineering revision at some point in time. the power supply board in yours is one unit, mine is 2 boards. interesting ! sorry i cant tell you what those parts were, our systems are different.

desolé j ai eu 2 promedia 2.1 pour faire un systeme 4.2, un promedia 5.1 mais jamais de 4.1 ou de V2-400.

je comprends que tu sois inquiet, la garantie klipsch en france c est compliqué.

ne parlons pas trop francais ici, c est un forum anglais quand meme2.gif

so it seems i cannot really help you, sorry8.gif