Velcro for bookshelves

ARPRINCE

I got these little sticky dots at Staples that are black with very high friction to them. Kind of like Bumpons, but rough plastic bumps, wouldn't hurt furniture. Says on package 'for VCR's', I take it when lesser HT's have plastic VCR perched precariously (say three times fast) on plastic TV, these keep it from sliding into never-never land. Put four on base of BS speaker, would probably be better than velcro.

Michael

Velcro is a great material to use...just make sure you cover the entire bottom of the speaker (probably with the fuzzy side so that you can put it elsewhere) and the entire top of the stand. I made the mistake once of using too small of velcro which caused the speaker to topple worse than before.

You might also consider building small ledges around the speaker.

----------------

On 11/30/2004 4:52:08 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

I got these little sticky dots at Staples that are black with very high friction to them. Kind of like Bumpons, but rough plastic bumps, wouldn't hurt furniture. Says on package 'for VCR's', I take it when lesser HT's have plastic VCR perched precariously (say three times fast) on plastic TV, these keep it from sliding into never-never land. Put four on base of BS speaker, would probably be better than velcro.

Michael

----------------

Michael:

Thanks - do you have the BRAND?

Staples Office Supply, don't have the packaging. They're found in store on same shelf with those little tan felt discs that keep furniture from scratching the floor.

They're little black foam discs about 5/8 dia and maybe 1/8 thick, kind of spongy, so they'll keep vibrations down a bit. One side has good self adhesive, the other kind of a wrinkly plastic non-skid material. GREAT for keeping bookshelf speakers from sliding.

----------------

On 12/1/2004 4:07:33 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

went to Staples yesterday, couldnt find little anti-skid black dots. Maybe I got them at Loews, in the cabinet hardware section. Will look tomorow- okay today. Why am I up at 4 am writing to you people?

M

----------------

cause you love us and its 5:10 here 3.gif