Forte Speakers

AlexG

Hello,

My first posting in this forum !

I have done a fair amount of reading in these forums, and there is lot of good information. I am looking for a pair of efficient speakers to complement my DIY tube gear. I have decided to go with the original Forte's! I need to know what is a fair price range to pay for a pair in "Very Good to Excellent" condition. I understand the latest retail price for them was around $1,100 if I am correct.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Another very newbie here...I just started posting yesterday...

I just got a pair of Forte II's from an e-Bay auction. They are in excellent sonic shape and G++ to VG condition cosmetically. There is one scratch on one of the sides, and a partial watermark on one of the tops...Since most of my furniture is Cherry, I may re-veneer & refinish. I'm a listener not a collector9.gif Watching e-bay auctions for a couple of months led me to believe $400 - $600 was typical, mostly fluctuating due to locale and quality of picture/writeup...I paid in that range...

If you are willing to wait, and be patient and watch carefully in local and online classifieds you could probably do a little better. I saw a pair of black Forte II's that looked really good, go for about $300 last weekend...

YMMV...

I LOVE my Forte's tho'...Was worth the 20+ year wait....

Steve