Yamaha RX-V650 + 4.1s + not sure.

churcj2

I've been looking around for a decent AVR that isn't too expensive to drive my 4.1s + another set of speakers (hopefully some replacement promedia speaker or perhaps I'll check out the ultra 2.0s).

I've found a Yamaha RX-V650 that seems to possibly fit the bill at BayBloorRadio in Toronto. From what I've read about them, this reciever is pretty decent for its cost. I emailed BayBloorRadio and they didn't seem to think the receiver would give the 4ohmns speakers any trouble (although in general I've read that if your receiver is sending a single at 8ohmns to 4ohmns speakers you could over heat your speakers - or blow them?

As far as getting the subwoofer to work, I can plug the sub out into the media in on the 4.1 control speaker and that should route all the lows to the sub.

I'm hoping the ultra 2.0s or a replacement speaker will work as a centre speaker or centre/rear centre.

ANyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this setup? It should work I believe.