Name a decent Video Card for WoW ?

Grateful11

What's a decent Video Card for an 8x AGP slot for running World of Warcraft at a decent pace? I'd like to stay in the $75-$125 range. I noticed Circuit City has a ATI 9550 128mb for $60 after rebate and Best Buy has a Nvidia GeForce 5500 OC (Over Clocked) 128mb for $60 after rebate. I want to surprise my sons with this for their AMD 2800 Windows box with 512mb of RAM. Will either one of these get them a decent frame rate. Right now it's running 64mbs of integrated ram and does fair but their seeing some lag.

Thanks,

Grateful

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Grateful,

My cheap GeForce FX5200 broke a while back, and I went looking for a new card.

After much research, looking at reviews and what not I decided on a MSI NVidia GeForce FX5900XT - it'll be a bit more than you are probably willing to spend - about $180 I believe at www.newegg.com but it'll be worth every penny. It's an excellent card and is pretty popular.

It took me a while but I soon learned that you get exactly what you pay for when it comes to computer components. There really isn't much you can do as far as cutting corners.

Anyways, that is just my two cents and I am sure you can find other decent video cards for a little less - but do not expect to spend any less than $100, really. Especially if you are a gamer.

Merry Christmas!

- Steven

• 3 weeks later...