Speaker Placement for SF-2

truckguygmc23

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if my speakers (SF-2's) would sound better in the corners and if so, how close/far should they be from the walls? I also have a couch along one of the walls close to the corner that might block some sound if the speaker is placed in that corner. Would raising the speakers up a little sound better/worse? As they sit right now, the horn is at ear level in my listening position. They are both on each side of the television right now and sometimes they sound too mono-tone and surround soundish. Thanks for your help.

Hey folks,

I moved my SF-2 out to the corners of the room and WOW!!! What a difference. I cannot believe that all that bass can come out of those little 6.5" woofers. For the money, those speakers cannot be beat. I know that the synergy series is not as good as the reference, but I actually prefer the synery to the reference for overall sound. The reference may be clearer, but the syergy series seems to have more bass to me. I noticed that the sf-2's frequency response is rated 35-20 and the sf-3's are rated for 37-20. Does that mean the sf-2's go lower than the sf-3's? Thanks for your help! Have a great holiday!

Told you so, always wanted to say that without sounding mean

The difference is one is measurably better perhaps, but the real test is the flat on-axis frequency response, the flatter, the better, regardless of a few more frequencies, harmon/kardon studies show the flatter one will sound better in the long run, though the rougher can sound better at first!

2.gif

----------------

On 12/16/2004 4:38:03 PM truckguygmc23 wrote:

Hey folks,

I moved my SF-2 out to the corners of the room and WOW!!! What a difference. I cannot believe that all that bass can come out of those little 6.5" woofers. For the money, those speakers cannot be beat. I know that the synergy series is not as good as the reference, but I actually prefer the synery to the reference for overall sound. The reference may be clearer, but the syergy series seems to have more bass to me. I noticed that the sf-2's frequency response is rated 35-20 and the sf-3's are rated for 37-20. Does that mean the sf-2's go lower than the sf-3's? Thanks for your help! Have a great holiday!

----------------

Don't know but I have the sf-2's and I am a happy camper. They just seem so natural and real with instruments. I like aluminum tweeters with a really good power amp (hopefully someday).