Get a load of George Wright

scott0527

That guy is so funny. Check the email correspondence below. Most people might have offered some information on HOW to buy them. But if you read my email, you'll see I didn't ask that! It's one hell of a little preamp though. I bought it when he was closing them out.

>From: "George Wright" <[A href="mailto:info@wright-sound.com">info@wright-sound.com]

>To: "Scott Anderson" <[A href="mailto:scott0210@hotmail.com">scott0210@hotmail.com]

>Subject: Re: WAT10X10K

>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:31:04 -0800

>

>Scott, yes I still have them for my WPL10 and 11 customers, sounds like you

>need them!

>George

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Anderson" <[A href="mailto:scott0210@hotmail.com">scott0210@hotmail.com]

>To: <[A href="mailto:info@wright-sound.com">info@wright-sound.com]

>Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 8:57 AM

>Subject: WAT10X10K

>

>

>>Do you still have these attenuators available? My system suffers from high

>>sensitivity. Volume goes from barely nothing to almost too lound with a

>>slightest turn on the Volumes on my WPL10V.

>>

>>

George for the most part is a one man show and he goes through lots of email in a short time. Terse is standard operating procudure with George. He still has a full time job outside Wright Sound Company.

I tend to get straight to the point with George, add to much fluff and he does not get back to me right away.

I did however ask him once how his step-up transformer handled different impedence/gain cartridges and why he used only a 10x stepup transfomer and did I ever get a mouth full in return. Almost two paragraphs of technical jargon. My head hurt afterwards reading it.

No Disc

I have written a half dozen emails to George since 2002 and spoken with him a few times on the phone. He has always responded quickly. Some my notes were rather long and descriptive and he still came right back. My short question about connecting 2000 ohm headphones (Sennheiser 424) got back a rather long and technical answer - that's what I wanted!