My New Toy

Omega3002

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~relia/

The last pic is a line level 50Hz crossover with a 12dB per octave slope I got from parts express. I discovered that the ultra sub basslink does not have a built in crossover which is understandable. Works quite well though.

Boy is that sub powerful. I got up to 108dB (with ultra sub on) on some music with some very low notes (Lacuna Coil - Cold Heritage) and gain was at about 75%, klipsch volume about 75%, I'm too scared to find out what the limits are on this sub. I feel like my room is about to tear itself apart. Much more beef to the low end now but its incredible how well the ultra sub can keep up in my room. The ultra sub extension drops after about 30Hz but the svs pulled strong down to 17Hz. What I really need to do is open up the ultra sub and disconnect the drivers and test the pb10 on its own for max spl. Then I need to calibrate as much as I can.

----------------

On 12/15/2004 3:16:04 PM Omega3002 wrote:

The last pic is a line level 50Hz crossover with a 12dB per octave slope I got from parts express. I discovered that the ultra sub basslink does not have a built in crossover which is understandable. Works quite well though.

Boy is that sub powerful. I got up to 108dB (with ultra sub on) on some music with some very low notes (Lacuna Coil - Cold Heritage) and gain was at about 75%, klipsch volume about 75%, I'm too scared to find out what the limits are on this sub. I feel like my room is about to tear itself apart. Much more beef to the low end now but its incredible how well the ultra sub can keep up in my room. The ultra sub extension drops after about 30Hz but the svs pulled strong down to 17Hz. What I really need to do is open up the ultra sub and disconnect the drivers and test the pb10 on its own for max spl. Then I need to calibrate as much as I can.

----------------

just get an RCA to stereo Y-adaptor for 4 or 5 bucks. Don't mess with the ultra.