list of the Heritage model and components

Colin

Considering how many different versions there are of the Klipsch line, does any body have a listing of the various Heritage models? How many crossover versions are there? In what models? What model woofers and squawkers were used in which Klipsch models?

7.gif

thanks!

Colin-

I asked a similar question about 18 months ago; sort out by dates as to which models used which drivers, crossovers, etc. I think it would be a help for people who go out and look at used Klipsch models. They could take their handy date code chart and this info and be sure of what they were getting.

The response I remember was that there wasn't a set year when Klipsch switched from A to AA or AK, etc. Same thing for the various drivers. Your question might be a bit easier to solve, as it is just a list of info, and doesn't correspond to a date. At least some of the info (listing of various Heritage models) would be on the discontinued speaker model info here on the Klipsch site. Guess you'd also have to decide if the Chorus/Forte/Quartet line would be included. Personally, I think they are, as PWK had a hand in designing them and at one point they were all listed together.

Good Luck

I tried to do some research on the various types of Cornwalls. It's a mess. Horizontal horns, vertical horns changed for no apparent reason, CW labels marked II in red ink that faded with time K57K mid drivers used for brief period of time, then back to K55, B networks that were'nt designed for K57K drivers used anyway. Almost seems like they just experimented on the factory floor a lot. Changes made midstream at midyear, so you can't even count on serial numbers to ID which model you have.

For a while I thought they made vertical Cornwall II's on alternate Thursdays, unless it was raining....

Michael