The Siegal-Schwall Blues Band

Steve_L

I thought I would share some of my favorite music with you and this is my first post of this type.

This is an album I haven't played much in the past few years since I've become more of a jazz fanatic,

but I recently started digging into some of my old favorites since I set up my new HT/Audio system.

Here's one of the best blues albums you'll ever buy. This is a 1971 version of very orginal blues by an absolutely

brilliant group of musicians. (re-issues on CD in 1999 and available on Barnes and Noble but not Amazon)

The Siegel-Schwall Blues Band

d97775f8wam.jpg

This is a blues/rock style band that is extremely tight, extremely rythmic, and fabulously original.

This band just gets your fingers snapping and your foot tapping and you are up and dancing like a

teenager before the second song is halfway through. This band was a music lover's band back in the

late 60s and early 70s. A Chicago style blues band with a mix of Paul Butterfield but some rock and

rockabilly influence as well, with a happier, more upbeat style. But, it's blues, true blues

and working man blues at that. the lyrics... "..and baby, when I think of someone else putting their hands

all over your body, it makes me wanna puke."

Hush-hush is the last and most exciting cut on the album. A great song about a woman that can't keep her

mouth shut. It's a recorded live in a club and has some of the most exciting guitar riffs, and is just so tight. There is

this drum break that proves that drums don't have to be overpowering loud to be musical. There's a bass

solo that is worth the price of the album. The beer bottles are clicking and the spoons tapping on the

glasses.

Want some good, rocking, working man, original blues that you just won't be able to turn off?

Check 'em out! Any of you guys in my generation remember these guys? They never made it too big

but they had some national attention.

If you liked this one, then go for this this one.. the band's next release and just as much fun!

Put it on, crank it up and try to keep your feet from tapping!

d97431ga884.jpg

Rock on and Ride Safe

Steve L

You like "da blues"? I've found some great music from this Forum, but there are not too many blues aficianados here.

I don't have any Siegel Schwall Band, there is so much from that era in blues that's good, if not great--

Do you have any Butterfield Blues Band, Champion Jack Dupree, Charlie Musselwhite, Taj Mahal, Fleetwood Mac(before Buckingham/Nicks), Bobby Bland, or Johnny Shines? I love Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and all the big names, but there were alot of lesser known artists kicking *** in blues and/or blues rock back then.

I had thought that the only good blues was from that era, but I've recently discovered the Holmes Brothers, especially "Simple Truths", that just came out and really has that blues groove down, with a little gospel feel.

What else do you like?

Oh, love the blues.. went to see BB King in '71 on the Boston Common, I loved BB back then, and Paul Butterfield was the other big name on the bill. A local girl opened up and she was pretty good too, her name was Bonnie Raitt.

This is BB King's best album.

ThrillisGone.jpg

Paul Butterfield's East-West album is arguably the finest blues album of the century. (my opinion only)

PaulButterfield.jpg

And ya' gottal love this album from the same era..

f49270x9hct.jpg

but check on the guys I mentioned above.. especialy that first self titled album.

In fact, if you like the blues. Just get it over with and buy all of these. They are essential.

I've got two out of the three.

J Geils' next live one is a killer, too. I burned the best of it and Full House.

I had the PBBB first one, then got the 2 CD anthology remastered. I like it more because it picks great tracks from their Elektra albums. And most of the first album is on it.

I only have one BB King, but Albert King's "King of the Blues Guitar" can't be beat-backed by Booker T and the MGs.

Early Fleetwood Mac's best was "Pious Bird of Good Omen" with Peter Green. It took me several months to find it--very, very good. " "They Rode on" is very good, too.