2001: A Space Odyssey

ygmn

Wal mart $5.50....what a deal...

Have seen this many times on Tv...Late at night....but found the DVD in WS DD 5.1....the DD5.1 makes this movie so much better then any other time I have seen it...

It is hard to watch if you think star wars is Sci Fi...but the visuals from Stanley Kubrick are worth watching for the non sci Fi fan....

Best to watch this movie in very Dark environment and quiet HT room...as the sound goes from complete silence to the roar of the sound effects and the Symphony soundtrack...I turned off my AC and put the dog in another room hehehe

It is hard to believe this movie premiered in 1968....Ecspecially when you see the special effects of the space ships, moons, planet scenery etc...Still amazes me when I watch this...

The special features are worth it as well...they have the original movie trailer...which in 1968 were so much different then today....and as comparison they have trailer for 2010 on there as well...

Then the they have a speech by Arthur C Clarke the co-screenplay writer and author of the book....Amazing the insite he had back then...

To me this is the classic Sci Fi...and was created about a decade before Star Wars...and I think if not for this movie...we would not know Star Wars...

I am greatful now to have this in my DVD collection