Matching center and surrounds for KLF-20's

jeb76

I have a set of KLF-20's that I purchased in 98 to run as a straight stereo set up. I love these speakers, but now I would like to upgrade to 5.1. I know that the KLF-C7 is the correct center, but I really do not care to purchase anything off of EBAY. Klipsch support recommends I go with an RC-7 center and RS-7's for the surrounds. Is anyone running this set-up (KLF-20's with a RC-7)? By the way, this will all be connected to a Yamaha RX-V992. Furthermore, I plan to purchase a SV Sub in the near future.

Thanx in advance

I've seen a couple of KLF-C7s come up for sale here, and audiogon.com is another resource if eBay has you gun shy. If you're patient you'll find one. No disrespect to Klipsch support, but current products are all they CAN recommend. The RC-7 is a fine speaker, no doubt, but it is a poor match to your Legend speakers.

Thank you for your help. I have also considered keeping the 20's for use with 2-channel audio as my "B" speakers and getting a complete 5.1 system (Reference). Since I'm dealing with a small HT (14'x 18') I get the feeling that my 20's with a C7 and matching surrounds might be overkill! Oh I forgot to mention that my wife's favorite line is, "Can you turn that down please?"

I currently have the klf20 up front with klfc7 center and rb75 for surrounds. I dont think the surrounds are nearly as important as the center. I would definetely seek out the matching center. I would also agree with your other idea; keep the 20s for two channel and go smaller for a five channel system. I find for movies that I rarely push the sytem I cuurrently have,its just overkill. However, for watching dvd concerts or listening to 5 channel stereo(I know,blasphemy to some}its amazing. Amazing that is until the wife comes home complaining that she heard the stereo as soon as she rounded the corner to our street. Then I have to wait for her to leave til the fun starts again.