the best adhesive for speaker cabinet repair...

Sanman023

hello all...ive had my klipsch rf7s for awhile now...the other day while i was moving the speaker around..one of the speakers was knocked over...the baffle (where the woofers/horn are attached) of this speaker is loose and coming apart from the wood veneer cabinet....for the diy'ers...what is the best wood adhesive i should use to glue it back?..my first thought...liquid nails...any others?....thanks....

If the gap is small (say 1/16th inch or less) and you can force or clamp the pieces into line, I would use Titebond II, a yellow outdoor glue. It is nearly as strong as Gorilla and much cheaper. It also is easy to clean up with water and won't stain your hands. Liquid Nails is not appropraite for cabinet repair. It is really designed for construction and joints that will never be disturbed. It dries very thick and can't be coaxed into joints like the thin liquid glues can.

----------------

On 1/14/2005 1:19:46 PM boom3 wrote:

If the gap is small (say 1/16th inch or less) and you can force or clamp the pieces into line, I would use Titebond II, a yellow outdoor glue. It is nearly as strong as Gorilla and much cheaper. It also is easy to clean up with water and won't stain your hands. Liquid Nails is not appropraite for cabinet repair. It is really designed for construction and joints that will never be disturbed. It dries very thick and can't be coaxed into joints like the thin liquid glues can.

----------------

Titebond III claims to be stronger then the polyeurthane (gorilla) and is cheaper though 27 dollars a gallon at lowes is still alot. Homedepot doesn't carry it though, and is about double the price of titebond II. Also if you gluing a plastic to the wood, I say use the gorilla or such because gorilla glue blonds anything while titebond cannot glue non porous items.