a main as a center - now i cant go back....

leerocker

heres my problem...

i have ksf 8.5s for mains that i really like, their imaging is unbeatable for what i paid for them. i found a ksf-c5 center after reading rave reviews about it (not to mention its the correct center for my system). While it was on its way here i got bored, and curious so i decided to put an 8.5 under the tv as a center. it sounded awesome. a tiny bit too bass-y but barely. now i have the c5 hooked up and everything back to normal, but im unimpressed with how it sounds. its alright, but nothing compared to the 8.5...

is it true that ideally all your speakers should be identical?

or am i crazy for wanting to cram a huge floorstander under a 27" hdtv?

any thoughts ?

I am going to tell you my honest opinion about 3 same speakers up front as that is what I have done. I have heard the RC-7 with RF-7s for awhile now and saw someone went with 3 RF-7s up front(mOOn if you must know). I thought, whoa, that looks cool. So I got 3 RF-7s and belive it sounds better then useing the RC-7 but only in the bass and size. I belive the 3 towers blend in better and sounds are more seemsly going from side to side. I think your thoughts are normal. I belive the only reason for smaller horazontal centers is mainly because of a TV and size. I have thought many times of getting RF-7s in the back, but keeping comeing back to the thought, I normally listen to music, 5 RF-7s would be a waste of money, but would sound really awsome. Also room size is a factor, but that doesn't bother me to much. Anyway, if you can do it without much trouble, go 3 towers. Just my suggestion of course.

CD