Anyone know of a good pair High Quality Headphones

JDrury5

----------------

On 1/17/2005 1:59:41 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Considering more Sony 7506s are used in the studio by musicians and engineers than any other headset, I am ALWAYS amused at how so many casual listeners think that they can surpass the quality of the original source by their tweaks and home-brewed magic.

Personally, I simply strive for the REPRODUCTION of the source material as accurately as possible, and if the mix or production stinks, then I can complain about it, but I don't pretend that I can "fix" the source material as so many others do. (After all, how many have an EQ to vainly try to do exactly this!? ;-)

So, if you think that radically distinct and separate soundfields offered by headsets are more accurate than the blended sound field referenced when the source was mastered, by all means spend your money to your hearts content!

And I love(sic) the quaint dismissal of technology simply by referral to a company's name! If only life were so simple. So does this mean that ALL Sony equipment is inferior? And does that mean that NO digital media can pass muster? (After all, they are a primary patent holder along with Phillips!) How simple the world is for so many here!

----------------

My sentiments exactly!

I have a pair of 7506s and researched it thoroughly before I bought them and came to the same conclusion as dragonfyr. There is nothing to say Sony cant have one of the best headphones out there just because they might have some that are not the best.

Ive seen these cans many times on TV newsrooms, studios etc., stopped my VCR tape to verify they are 7506s and sure enough they are used by the pros.