Circuit for an amplifier switch?

Klewless

Does anyone have the circuit for a switch to share a common set of speakers with two amps?

Reason for the question is whether or not some type of load gets inserted so the amps see neither a short nor an open. Obviously both amps must not be tied together during the switching process.

I am assuming that a non-shorting switch is required.

I have a switch for one amp to multiple speakers but want one for multiple amps to one speaker.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

An amplifier with no load would be like shorting the outputs...having nothing connected to the amp results in an infinite load and won't hurt the amp.

Ratshack makes a simple A/B switch for speakers for about $20...instead of connecting two sets up speakers and one amp, just connect the amp to the speaker outputs and connect your speakers to the amp input on the box.

Ok, can someone explain to me the physics of having nothing connected to the output terminals of an amplifier? Is it different between Tube and SS? I don't understand how an infinite load could cause any damage to an amp considering there would be absolutely no signal flow. Nothing happens in a circuit that's not complete.