what is a good price for used klipsch?

bkcleve

I am a newby and have a question for the experts. I have an opportunity to buy year and a half old equipment. It is as follows: (4) RF-7's (1) RC-7 and (1) RSW-15. Assuming there is nothing blown, what would be a reasonable price to pay for this equipment and is there anything I should look for while auditioning the speakers. I have to make a decision quickly. Thank-you in advance for quick, educated, responses. I posted in another category earlier so if anybody has seen it please don't flame me.12.gif

I just read your other post...

3K for (4) RF-7's (1) RC-7 and (1) RSW-15?

If they are in good shape I'm assuming the reason you logged off was because you realized what an awesome deal that is and went to pick them up!

(2) RF-7's good price new - $1500

(1) RC-7 good price new - $550

(1) RSW-15 good price new - $1200

Roughly $4750 not to mention shipping charges.

Of course you may not get a warranty with the above prices. They me be from online retailers but I don't think Klipsch transfers warranties anyway (I may be wrong about this).

Disclaimer: I AM NO EXPERT AND I ONLY WISH I HAD THESE SPEAKERS.

If they are in good shape I would not hesitate to buy them at that price.

Actually now that I think about it...

You said you are a newbie therefore I am assuming you have not yet had a Home Theater. If this is the case you cannot simply START OUT at the very best. You have to start at the bottom and work your way up like the rest of us to really have an appreciation for the amazing speakers you are looking to buy. 9.gif

Because I am such a nice guy, what I am willing to do FOR YOU is this:

You tell me who is selling these speakers, we each pitch in $1500 and you give me an additional $1500 for my system. I will take delivery of the above mentioned system and I will deliver my setup to you FREE OF CHARGE! This way you can start out with an okay beginners system and really form an appreciation for the flagship gear. 9.gif

After a year or so, I will give you the option of purchasing MY outstanding RF-7 system for a mere $1500 and I will pick-up my old gear and deliver your new system to you FREE OF CHARGE! 9.gif

If this deal sounds as appealing to you as it does to me, just drop me a line anytime day or night! 9.gif9.gif

3.gif9.gif3.gif2.gif9.gif16.gif

Actually I am new to the Klipsch arena. I have a 5.1 now with B & W (4) DM 601 S3 for fronts and rears, a B & W LCR 60 S3 for the center and a Denon DSW-1 Super Woofer. Amplified by a Kenwood VR 409. A 50" Mitshubishi rear projection that is 12 years old all in a custom oak built in cabinet. It sounds good but just now finishing my basement and want to step up since I have a little money. So I have a little bit of experience but not like you guys. Will need some help with electronics and have got some good suggestions already but will not go separate. My wife is already having a fit because she thinks it is too much for the basement. Have not bought the TV yet so will need some feedback in that dept as well. I have a 28 foot by 36 foot area in one big room but the space for the HT is about 14 feet by 16 feet that is inside that room with a bar (of course). Will be very nice when it is done. Will post pictures when I can. 3.gif