Carpet HT Wall?? Help!

the borg

I'm about to venture into the basement-to-HT world, and have a space of approximately 13-feet wide by 25-feet long. What should I do about the sound dampening, cover the dry wall with carpet, curtains, or what? Same question for the floors. Also, I am using my RF3's as back surrounds, and would like to know if it is okay to elevate them up off the floor to a matching height with my surrounds (RS7's), to a height of about six or seven feet. Front speakers are RF7's and RC7, all powered by a Denon 5800. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on any and all aspects of this expensive venture. Thanks.

we are the borg...

Wonder how that white 3/4" unfaced foam board would work for sound deadening on walls.At least it's cheap.And white.Some paints will eat into the surface though.Used it at one time for portable/disposible stage scenery.Just a thought.Good luck with your HT room project borg. Smash.gif

Keith