Older Harman Kardon tube amp with Heresys?

bobbyandduke

Thanks for the info. I'm no longer flirting with the A700 (actually I think it's a 70 watt amp). It was offered on Ebay and ended up selling for under $100 without the tubes. Still a good deal maybe, but I'm going to stick with my solid state Pioneer receiver for now...maybe upgrade to a marantz amplifier and pre-amp that a friend may be selling. I just got a pair of 1984 heresys two weeks ago (someone had discarded them with their trash) that are in excellent condition, and had the thought of putting an older model tube amp with them. Maybe later, depending on the marantz situation. Thanks!

Yes, I received similar responses last week when I asked for info. on older model heresys in the Technical Questions section. I'm not one to go through another's trash, but they were just sitting by the curb next to the trashcan and I couldn't resist stopping to see what kind of speakers they were. What a surprise!!!

Not a bad idea to keep one's eyes open

while riding through an upper class neighborhood on the night before trash collection...never know what you might find, and I wasn't even looking. They really sound great!