Anyone have Interior Detail of a Commercial LaScala?

ooteedee

The Commercial/Stage LaScala's have handle insets on the side for easy carrying.

Does anyone have any photos of the inside of the High Freq Bin from this speaker?

Or any specific details on how these handles are re-inforced internally?

I know you can buy inset handles on Parts Express, and I am considering adding these to my homebuilt LaScala's. But I need details.

Thanks

As I recall, the deeper parts of the spring-loaded handles are scroll-saw cuts all the way through the 3/4 cabinet, then the outer portion is a routed perimeter about 1/8" deep to inset the edges of the handles, some manufacturers use large pop-rivets with backing washers, if it were me, I'd use bolts and locking nuts with large area washers to spread out the weight load of each bolt. Putting them in the right balance point is critical for easy handling. To determine this balance the cabinet on a piece of dowel rod and mark the center line location- voila, perfect balance when you pick up your boxes!

Michael

I have a Pro La Scala HF section and a complete industrial La Scala cabinet, well now it is chopped into two sections as it is part of my split La Scala Center. Any way the handles are screwed into a composite "hand well inserts" and that in turn are screwed into the cabinet. They go in about 1/2 inch (I think) above the bottom of the HF section centered front to back. That is it.