Heresy HS-M Mods?

jono1

I recently bought and repaired a pair of Klipsch Heresy HS-M Studio Monitors. I noticed that they do not contain any accoustical dampening material.

Would these likely benefit from the addition of fiberglass wool or other materials? Would any crossover mod yield a demonstrable improvement in sound?

Thanks in advance!

jono1,

welcome to the board. Lots of experience here to tap into. I think it has been reported that stuffing the Heresy boxes didn't seem to accomplish much.

Many here have reported excellent results with updating and upgrading the crossovers. There's also a $0 mod for toning down the mid and tweeter a little. If you look through the first couple pages of topics in the section you'll find a thread titled something like "Dramatic fix for bright Heresy's." Involves a minor soldering job on the crossover. The crossover schematic has been posted several times, basically you can just replace the caps or move on into more extensive mods.

Take a little time, look around, use the search if you can get it to work, you'll find tons of info. Personally, I'd bet on the caps upgrade combined with bright Heresy fix deal as an excellent place to start.