Wahoo!

Sosa

Just got off the phone with my dealer and will be picking up my first Klipsch system Friday morning. RF35, RC35, RB 35. Denon 2105. Got a Titanic 15" kit and all cables etc coming from Parts Express. Can't wait! Any hints on setting it up etc since this will be my first try.

do you have a db meter?? if not you NEED one

follow the set up menue in the reciever

things like distance from the sweet spot for each channel ect

use the db meter to set your levels ( you can do this by ear but it wont sound as good as it could)

sounds like you'll have a nice sounding system

if something doesn't sound right ask questions here

someone will know the answer

good luck

jay

Cool so I shouldn't have too many problems hooking things up to the receiver you think? What will be plugged into it will be Cable and Sat boxes (only have RCA and SVIDEO inputs), DVD Player with Digital Out, PS2 ( have monster RCA cables for some reason), and a little VCR. Am I going to lose a lot of quality if I run the video through the receiver intead of directly to the TV? I can do it through the tv but the only prob is all my RCA cables don't split apart far enough to do that.

Anything else I should look at? I did order a bunch of cables from parts express last night. Here is what I have coming from parts express.

100 ft. 10 gauge sound king wire

DAYTON COAXIAL DIGITAL CABLE

DAYTON SUBWOOFER CABLE 25'

DAYTON RCA AUDIO CABLE 3'

DAYTON COMPONENT VIDEO CABLE

AR PRO II RCA DIGITAL COAXIAL

DAYTON DIGITAL OPTICAL CABLE

First - Congratulations!

"Am I going to lose a lot of quality if I run the video through the receiver intead of directly to the TV?"

Probably very little, but why have any at all? I take my video directly from the DVD player (and VCR) to the TV. The less electronics you have to go through the better, IMHO.

the video switching in the dennon should be up to the task of component video.

you have already mentioned an issue with interconnect lengths.

id run the component from the dvd/cable/sat box to the dennon and run one long set to tv.

less clutter

less cash output for the cables

and you wont have to change sources twice( the tv and the reciever) every time you change sources.

jay