Problem with ProMedia 4.1 Subwoofer

cocktail

does the background sound on the sub happened even if there is nothing hooked to the promedia?

the first step is to know if the sound comes from the promedia or from the pc (or portable media player or anything else) hooked to the promedia.

if there is a noise even if nothing is hooked to the promedia, then it comes from the promedia

2.gif

thanks for ur answer =)

its definitly the subwoofer cause the problem still exists even if i take every cable out but the electricity cable.

The noise is like when you turn on your TV and theres snow, but stronger. The noise has the same sound everytime, but sometimes it works normally, mostly when i let it off for a couple of days, then i can hear for about 1 hour until the noise starts again. And i cant control the volume of the noise at all.

sorry for my bad english, thanks again for your help :)

cocktail

be sure you sub is not too close to something like an electrical motor or anything that could disturb it.

if the noise is still here, unfortunatly it s really the sub( amp or driver).

i think the best is to call klipsch.

if your sub is still under waranty do not open it simply return it.

----------------

On 2/2/2005 3:31:50 PM cocktail wrote:

thanks for ur answer =)

its definitly the subwoofer cause the problem still exists even if i take every cable out but the electricity cable.

The noise is like when you turn on your TV and theres snow, but stronger. The noise has the same sound everytime, but sometimes it works normally, mostly when i let it off for a couple of days, then i can hear for about 1 hour until the noise starts again. And i cant control the volume of the noise at all.

sorry for my bad english, thanks again for your help
:)

cocktail

----------------

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have it hooked to any surge protector with EMI / RFI filtering?

My wife would use her sewing machine and I would get static and also if watching TV, lines.

I put one in for her to plug her machine in. That took care of it.

If you try that and have success, please let us know.

dodger