K-29-N woofer???

Cleve

I'm going to need to send one of my CF-4 woofers in for reconing. I removed it from the cabinet to inspect, and found that it's labeled "K-29-N" I *thought* that CF-4's used K-30-KN woofers - at least that's what Klipsch's specs say. Anyone have any info about this change?

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/21/2005 10:17:06 PM michael hurd wrote:

Maybe it is a previous driver, and the revised version is the k-30? Just trying to keep this on top, so that others will see it and chime in.

----------------

Interesting idea - but the driver is labeled with a manufacture date of June 1995, which would put it squarely mid to late production run of the CF-4's (1994-1996) Unless there was a final iteration of the CF-4's before they were discontinued?

The other oddity - the pair's serial numbers are 058593439 & 40. I recall reading on some website last year(don't have the URL) that they were manufactured in Feb or March of 1995 (don't remember exactly) But that doesn't jive with the date on the driver itself. Weird.

----------------

On 2/22/2005 12:58:59 AM T2K wrote:

Seems like there was some discussion here regarding changes in the Epic line during its run. You might do a search of past posts.

Keith

----------------

I've tried that, Keith. I haven't had any luck - maybe I just haven't input the correct search parameters? Complicating matters - one can't master search all of Klipsch's forums - you have to search each forum individually. The "Search" does search all the forums, but only the subject line.