KSP300 HUM problems

pwhy

One of my KSP300s recently develops a nasty hum even with power off (AC plugged in) and nothing connected to it, although not as loud with power off. I tried the 2-prong plug method to no avail. I removed the module and there is really nothing obvious other than the two big capacitors. Is it possible that one or both capacitors dried up? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I seem to rercall an issue with AC wires being too close to line level wires inside the amp. Do a forum search, with the terms "KSP" and "hum" in the tech, 2-channel, and HT forums, if you haven't done so already. Otherwise, give Klipsch a call.

----------------

On 2/10/2005 7:14:03 PM pwhy wrote:

The strange thing is I disconnected all the components already and the speaker is by itself with nothing connected to it other than the AC with power switch in the off position. It just HUMS.

----------------

Sounds like inductance? I am guessing here, being Junior Electronics Dude, but if an AC wire inside the speaker is close enough to a speaker wire, you might just get a hum.