Speaker Placement

atomicskiier01

I just purchased an 5.1 RF-35 system as well as a Sony Grand Wega 55" LCD projection (the TV is a wedding present). I will not be able to set this system up for a while but had some questions about the best place to put some of the speakers. Are the floorstanders supposed to go right next to the TV or are they better off being as far away as possible (in the corners of the room)? Also, should the RS-35's be behind me (in the prime sitting position), or a little behind and off to the sides?

Share a little more info:

length, width, and height of room

primary listining position in the room

describe windows and openings. If the room "opens" into other rooms describe.

with this, help is on the way.

The room is 12' x 24' x 10' (Not so sure about the height).

The primary listening position will be about 8-10 feet from the TV/Wall/Front Speakers.

There are windows on the side (will be the left or right side of the listener).

It is basically a LONG room and the back part of it will be used for a small eating area. This part opens off to the side into the kitchen.

I think I would put the front speakers away from the tv more toward the corner,then move em' left/right back and forth till they sound best.On the surrounds,side walls somewhat behind the listening position a few foot would be a nice place to start.