Pioneer VSX-1014

Rick

That's a great price. I bought mine as part of a F-3 package at BB at X-mas and got a great deal too.

It's a super receiver, you'll love it. What speakers will you be driving? I haven't done any bi-amping yet, but I've got a 5.1 system with the F-3s and have been thinking about doing the Bi-amping thing with the other two unused channels. (even though I'm not convinced it will provide any benefit)

I had the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD playing today with DTS and it is just Fantastic.

You are going to love the MCACC too! It just dials in your speaker set up so seamlessly. Then you can tweak it a bit to your tastes if you like. I upped my surrounds a DB more than the MCACC set them at, just to get a tad more surround effect.

If the Pioneer 1014 was a car, it would be a Corvette, lots of power, lots of speed and lots of features, for a lot less than Porche.

Enjoy.

Steve,

Realize that I'm not the original poster...

At the moment, the 1014 is going to be driving the Quintet set with the KSW-10 subwoofer. I am thinking about returning the set to BB (haven't opened the box yet) and getting the Cinema 6 (or 8s... or a mixmatch) from a local HT store. Haven't made a decision on that yet (see my post for more).

Jeff