Agh. Can't decide what speakers I want!

kenratboy

I was really leaning towards M&K for my bedroom rig, but while the sound is very good, the fact they NEED a subwoofer and that even a Denon 3805 is running out of steam to drive them worries me (as in, I would need a seperate amp for the SPL's I want)

However, a Klipsch rig with F-3's, a C-3, and B-3 surrounds isn't much of an issue.

The variable for me is I love movies, but I also listen to a lot of music and having BIG speakers for that seems very important (again, I don't think a sub/sat combo can really give the punch of bigger drivers in the upper bass area). The Klipsch's are very sensetive and I wouldn't need a lot of power to drive them (like the M&K's)

Another possibility is me getting B-3's for the front's - as I will have the Chorus II's for LOUD music. The system in question is purely a home theater system for my bedroom.

Also, when I get out of college, get a job, and start making some real money, I can get what I REALLY want (something like the THX Ultra system or Heritage speakers for everything)

I just need to flip a coin and go for it!

Ken, I take it you 'main' rig is in a room other than bdrm, right? So how LOUD do you need to listen to movies in the bedroom? Really feel you need a sub in there? If in apt, are there neighbors next door? I just use a ksb1.1 rig with center ksc-c1 and its fine for late night shows and occasional movies. Besides, you're a young buck, should probably be doing other types of entertaining there other than movies!

Just get whatever, you can always use em for the den or basement when you get old and rich like your Forum Brothers. Something like RB3 or 25 would be great for bedroom, but could also service as surrounds, or in another small system in the house.

I've got like 12 pairs of various Klipsch speakers round the house, not counting all the PA stuff in the garage. Just collect em all, move em around, have a blast. If you buy ANYTHING, and it works and was a good value, you'll never really be sorry.

Don't sweat the small stuff, this is a hobby, it's all small stuff.

Michael

Ken

You have a good system for someone in college and it sounds like you made smart purchases it terms of relative costs/quality, as you said once you graduate things will change and you can get the equipment of your dreams.

You will land a high paying job, meet the girl of your dreams, who will spend your paycheck and make you feel like your back in college financially. Thats ok cause the job is going to take up most of your free time anyway. Then there is always: College loans? Kids? Mortgage payments? Taxes?

How do you make God laugh? Tell him your plans.

2.gif

Dual

Income

No

Kids

3.gif

Aka, kinda like yuppies. Two professionals who make a lot of money, usually live in the city (no reguard for schools as they have no kids or plans for them) in more 'urban' areas.

Basically, MASSIVE total household income and low costs - so MASSIVE disposible income for nice cars, vacations, furniture, cloths, entertainment, etc.

HELL YEAH! 9.gif

If you have ever seen 'Best of Show' - just like those yuppie.

----------------

On 2/18/2005 6:10:48 PM jacksonbart wrote:

Yes, but lets hope you and youre the future Mrs. Ratboy dont have braces and dont substitute a neurotic show dog for kids.
----------------

BWHAHAHA!!!

Too many diecast model cars and too much large, impractacle audio equiptment in my room for that.

However, I am sure I am on my way to being a good, solid yuppie - maybe the first yuppie with Klipschorns and 50 year old tube amps!