Wanting more power from Subs.

Net

Ok, ive posted similar be4 yall. So Im asking the pro's. I have two Sub's listed below:

1.) Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 Ultra "Two 8' Speakers"

2.) Logitech Z560 Sub "One 8' Speaker"

Im wanting to replace the speakers themselves, with some Hard hitting 8's. Can some1 help me out? The speakers that come with the subs arent that high power. So i want to replace them with some Hard Hitting 8's that will knock down the walls. Needing some sujustions.

You can't just slap another 8" woofer in the box and expect it to perform better or even well for that matter. It just does not work that way.

Each speaker has unique Thiele/Small parameters and they have to be custom fit into the correct size and type of enclosure. Both those units are designed to work well with the drivers that are custom designed for them.

My suggestion would be to get rid of them both and get a bigger 10" or 12" subwoofer that is capable of more output.

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=536&filter=kit

One thing you might consider though if you want to build your own box is to purchase a driver seperately and then build your own cabinet from it. The subwoofer on your pc speakers also contains the amp for your mains as well which means you will need to somehow integrate it into your new subwoofer...you might just keep the pc sub and then use the LFE output into your new sub. I wouldn't recommend using the sub amp though because it has been EQ'd for thier dual 8" setup...I really doubt the EQ will work another driver.

Why bother when you can get a single sub that would easily outperform all three!

If you want a DIY project Parts Express offers some very nice DIY subwoofers at a good price. You could sell those little ones to help fund your purchase.

If you want further subwoofer help, try posting the "Subwoofer" portion of the forum there are alot of DIY'ers over there that can steer you in the right direction.