frequency range

filmguy

hi all

my local dealer finally got the rw's but after excitedly going there i find his demo room not ready !!

anyways, judging by the way he spoke, it looks like even when it finally is i am not going to get a true picture

of the sub's capabilities which i suspect will be improperly setup anyways.

also he is expecting the psb subsonic 5i for arnd the same price of the rw12, so if i wait a month i hv

another choice to consider. i hv heard many gd things abt the 5i, what do u guys think ?

i'll pretty much have to make my decision blindly and on the basis of the inputs of u guys. we dont get the

choice of home demos and 30day return policy. so as many experiences with these subs will b helpful.

thnx guys

chuckears, a work around to use the sub for 2 channel and 5 channel without going thru your dsp modes would be to use a router (like a dbx). I'm doing this. I have the Preamps LFE out going to one input on the dbx, and I have the preamp's mains split, with one going to the dbx input 2 and the other going to the main amps. Then, from the dbx I have the signal going to the sub. If I'm listening to content with LFE output, I use dbx input 1. This routes only the LFE to the sub (I then have the subs lopass all turned to capture all of the LFE's signal). If I'm listening to two channel I select dbx input 2. THis sends only the main to the sub for music. SInce I'm sending a full signal to the mains as well, I set the sub's lopass at about 60, which blends well for me.

Your adding another piece in the chain, but if its a hi quality piece and its just for signals of 100 and below, it's probably not audible. They're probably pretty cheap on ebay. I use the 400xg. It's not really what it was made for, but it work great and quickly lets you "move the wires around" without moving them. Just a thought.

Hey Film Guy, I can't comment on the psb sub, but if you go with Klipsch. get the rw-12 instead of the rw-10. I tried both, and the difference was exeptional; The rw-12 (IMHO) is eaily worth the extra cost to step up to it from the rw-10.

Good luck, I hope your final choice works out for you!

Scott