A cool thing......

Tom Adams

Speaking of cool things....there's an old guy that I see some mornings on the way to work. What makes seeing him special is that he's always dressed up all in red, has a gray (white?) beard, stands in the median and waves at folks that are on their way to work or school or where ever. The first time we saw him was just after we moved to where we live (Richmond Hill) which was in November. Our daughter immediately knew who he was, "LOOK MOM - IT'S SANTA CLAUS!" Of course, Laura & I knew differently. Anyhow, over the next few months we'd see him from time-to time. Standing there in his red suit, no matter what the temperature was, smiling and waving at folks. One morning I did a high-beam flash at him and got not only a wave, but a big grin and a thumbs up! After Christmas, we didn't see him for a few weeks and our daughter knew why, "He had to go back to the North Pole Mom - duh!" Then, all of a sudden, after a month or so, he showed back up again. Still all in red and waving and smiling at everyone passing by. Gives me a warm fuzzy inside and puts a big grin on my face when I see him. He makes the difference between a ho-hum trip to work and a pleasant morning.

Nahhhh.....couldn't be Santa.

Or could it???

Tom