Yammy MCRE 300 - nice Mini

lynnm

I have a buddy who has almost zero space for a decent stereo. He called me the other day and asked if I would help him find a decent and inexpensive micro system for his apartment.

He wound up buying the nice sounding little system in the title. I must say that for a micro this thing really is damned good! It images well and the overall sound is well balanced and uncoloured. The receiver features a sub out so he could add a subwoofer if he wishes.

What did annoy me however is that virtually every store we visited had LOUD bumpythumping ?? music ?? blaring throughout the store. I guess it works overall from a sales perspective but in two instances we left without auditioning potential candidates simply because the noise levels were so high that we had to to get the hell outta Dodge.

All of the above aside I have to admit that there is some suprisingly good inexpensive audio out there for who have not been afflicted with our disease but who wish something better than a boombox.