Speaker upgrade?

Prana-Bindu

TheEAR(s) on speakers,again!

If you value a very dynamic sound,the Klipsch RF-5 and RF-7 should be the step up.With the RF-5 you lose any harshness you may find irritating with the RF-3's at high volumes.The new RF-5 and RF-7's look just great in the real wood finish.The cabinets apear to be better built and the tweeters are better.The crossover is very smooth,nice Monster conetors on the back.

If you have more to spend the Aerial Acoustics and Dynaudio will give you more detail and better definition at a cost.The Klipsch go for around 2 grand the Aerial and Dynes for 5-7 grand!And remember you need a heavy dutu amp to drive them,forget the recievers,even the so called High-End recievers fail to the task here.My Contour 3.3's sound better then the similar(configuration)Aerials. Smile.gif

I have a all Dynaudio Contour setup and use separate power amps.Someting like a large Rotel or ATI is needed here.

Now the Egglestonworks are in the same class as the WilsonAudio,Avalon and Dynaudio Confidence.You are looking at 8 grand and up and MUST have 2.5K or more amplification to get the max out of these.

At this point I would get a Dunlavy SC-V,even better and "only" 15 grand!There is no better speaker made that sound so natural and free from any coloration!

So back on earth the Klipsch RF-5 and/or RF-7 is a great deal and sound very good.And when I say very good to most this will be DAMN GOOD.

My choice is a complete Klipsch RF series for HT and Dunaudio Contour for music.The Spendors are now my primary music speakers(BIG,HEAVY and cost more then most would be prepared to spend on a complete HT system).

TheEAR(s) Now theears